Sunday, September 21, 2008

Are my Quilts hazardous.

I received a question today about my quilts are they hazardous to the baby. meaning will they cause a suffocation hazard. This is the response I posted and I hope to answer anyone else's questions about the same issues. I will post the same Photos here so all can see the same thing

I have included photos for the side view of the blankets so you can see the gab the is built in to every blanket I also send directions for how to wrap the baby. I also warn all who but the quilts that you should never leave the baby unattended while the face is over the baby's head. I have made over 30 of these quilts and they all have a special baby to love. no harm has come to any baby. they are very warm and not usually great for sleeping in my grand baby slept in his when staying at my house(My house is really cold). I sent you a photo if that too. I hope that answers all of your concerns. I tried to make them as safe as possible. the only reason I have used the face was to cut down the wind in the baby's face.

3 comments:

Kim Caro said...

I dont know thats kinda scary to put a blanket over a childs head... maybe it should have a hat instead like a hood...

Kim Caro said...

ps- hearted your store its pretty cute!

Jen said...

I just wanted to say that anyone who has raised kids "knows" that you will NOT suffocate a baby with your quilts....
When you take a baby outside usually a blanket gets thrown over there heads to protect them from the wind, your quilts do not cover the babies head completely (unlike the blankets many of us use) so I feel that in fact your quilts are a better solution to the "blanket”!

 

Web Page Counters
discount backpacking gear