Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Christmas

I want to share a personal story. One Christmas when my kids were small someone left food and gifts on my front porch. the note said simply "from Santa". That year was one of the best Christmas I have ever experienced. I really did not have any money. I finally got out of a abusive marriage and was really struggling to make it. A couple of days later we went to a second had store to get a little tree($2 dollars) and a few thing to put on it we could not make. While in the store Santa came and asked my daughter what she wanted for Christmas. She was 7 then. Well she told Santa that we were getting a little tree but next year we would maybe get a bigger one and all she wanted was a new doll, and maybe a ring. Santa told her to pick out a tree and anything else to decorate the tree and he would get it for us. So Santa bought us our Christmas tree. I still use that tree (now 12 years old) and each year as we put it up we often talk about how we have the only tree paid for my Santa. I can't explain the hope others have giving me. The tree and gifts we received ment more to me that anything else that year. and the tree has reminded us every year since that people still care and are willing to help one another
Now you know why the minute I could afford to I adopt a family for Christmas. This year I have both adopted a family and asked for help from elves so I will buy for a family and give to people I don't know but can give more from myself this way. I hope this help other to remember that even thought we are not doing well. there are others worse off than we are. I am by no means rich but it don't take much to help others. I am giving my time more than anything else and some mailing fees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An inspiring story that I am glad you shared!

Thanks!

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Thanks for sharing your story. It touches my heart--you have been through so much.

 

Web Page Counters
discount backpacking gear