Saturday, January 23, 2010

Let me share a part of me with you.

I thought I would share some of my other hobbies or loves. last year at this time my DH(dear Hubby) and I were buying a old 1983 Honda shadow. the gram pa of the shadows. My new motorcycle and new love. I had a 1980 Honda 400 and got it to save money driving back and forth to work. but quickly found out how much I enjoyed the ride. I though I would love to do this on a bigger scale(ride to Montana from Minnesota). but the 400 would not quite take that long or hard of a ride. So i started looking for a bigger bike and found my shadow.






but boy did she need some work. My DH decided if I was going to ride this bike for a awhile it should look like my bike so the work began. Most of it done by him. did I mention my DH is wonderfully talented and smart and wonderful. The first thing was to replace the broken and missing parts. That was my job to find them. brake lever, left side cover, mirror, left blinker, headlight bracket, and left back blinker. I fixed a few things my DH fixed most. But I helped.


then it was time to look at the body.(uhhg) big dent in the gas tank on one side and a few on the other. bike had gone down twice. once by each of the last two owners. Its OK we can fix this make it better, stronger, and ride over big buildings in a single twist from the throttle(well make it pretty anyway). So off came the tank and my DH got to work. oh so did the fender, seat and many other parts.

boy did it look sad. and so thin.
I am going to post this storry in parts. So please stay tuned for the next one.

1 comment:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Wow what work! Your hubby is pretty talented. Let me know when you jump over buildings I want a front row seat~lol :)

 

Web Page Counters
discount backpacking gear